IMVU has changed the way we manage our public rooms… but it is still fairly easy to find and copy the URL(web address) that takes you directly to your public room in the client… You should have imvu client version 464 or higher installed for this tutorial !
This tutorial is specially handy if your deriving a product like The Web Link Derivables to put nodes inside your room that will take visitors directly to another room when they stand on the seat node !!
1. Start up the client and log in with the account that owns the public room you need to find the link for.
2. On the “Home” tab in the client find the big button “Chat Rooms” and clik on it.
3. Once the “Chat Rooms” tab is loaded you will see two main menu items in the left side panel, “Search” and “Manage”, click on “Manage” to load a list of your current public rooms.
4. In the list of your public rooms find the one that you need the web address for and click the “Edit” button, this will open a screen with all the settings for that room.
5. At the bottom of the right column you will see a small area with the heading “Room URL”, the web address directly below that is the permanent static URL(web address) that will take you directly into that room in the client, you may notice that it is running off the side of the page but don’t worry we can get around that.
6. Put your mouse over any part of the URL and click the left mouse button once to highlight the entire URL, this will get it all marked even if some of it runs off the page, the url should now look something like this – imvu://room/lowdman/IMVU+Creator+Services+%7C+Low-D+inc
7. With the URL still highlighted copy it to your clipboard by pressing Ctrl+C on your keyboard (press the “C” key once while holding down the “Ctrl” key).
8. Now you can paste(right click menu or “Ctrl+V”) this complete url anywhere you need to. Examples: save it as plain text in notepad for easy access whenever you want to share it, make a new desktop shortcut and past the url into the “location” field, open up an imvu product xml file (like this one) and paste the url where it needs to be, etc. etc…
Macintosh users may not have access to the “triple click” function, or of you can’t get triple click to work for whatever reason here is a work around: With the public room edit screen open, press Ctrl+A on your keyboard to highlight everything, then paste the whole mess into a text editor like notepad, then delete everything that is NOT part of the url that you see in the bottom right area, now you have a plain text copy of the URL.
This tutorial is specially handy if your deriving a product like the Web Link Furniture to put a seat node inside your room that will take visitors directly to another room when they stand on the seat node !!