READ CAREFULLY – THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
In exchange for participation in any activity associated with The Low-D Corporation and/or use of or presence on any property, facilities, services, equipment and supplies associated with The Low-D Corporation, I agree for myself and (if applicable) for the members of my family or my party, to the following:
1. I and (if applicable) my family or my party agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by The Low-D Corporation, or the employees, representatives or agents of The Low-D Corporation.
2. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with any activity and any usage of or presence on any property, facilities, services, equipment and supplies, and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) to the members of my family or my party, and further release and discharge The Low-D Corporation, or the employees, representatives or agents of The Low-D Corporation for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family’s or my party’s participation in any activity or use of or presence upon any property, facilities, services, equipment and supplies associated with The Low-D Corporation, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, my party, The Low-D Corporation or other third parties.
3. I agree to indemnify and defend The Low-D Corporation, and the employees, representatives or agents of The Low-D Corporation against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my, my family’s or my party’s participation in any activity or use of or presence upon any property, facilities, services, equipment and supplies associated with The Low-D Corporation.
4. I agree to pay for all damages to any person, property, facility, service, equipment and supplies associated with The Low-D Corporation caused by my or my family’s or my party’s negligent, reckless or willful actions.
5. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in any activity or use of or presence upon any property, facilities, services, equipment and supplies associated with The Low-D Corporation shall be resolved under United States law.
Employment (Employee / Contractor / Subcontractor / Freelancer / Individual) Agreement
An Employee / Contractor / Subcontractor / Freelancer / Individual will perform services for The Low-D Corporation which may require The Low-D Corporation to disclose confidential and proprietary information (“Confidential Information”) to An Employee / Contractor / Subcontractor / Freelancer / Individual. (Confidential Information is any information of any kind, nature, or description concerning any matters affecting or relating to Employee’s services for The Low-D Corporation, the business or operations of The Low-D Corporation, and/or the products, drawings, plans, processes, or other data of The Low-D Corporation). Accordingly, to protect The Low-D Corporation Confidential Information that will be disclosed to An Employee / Contractor / Subcontractor / Freelancer /Individual, An Employee / Contractor / Subcontractor / Freelancer / Individual agrees as follows.
A. An Employee / Contractor / Subcontractor / Freelancer / Individual will hold the Confidential Information received from The Low-D Corporation in strict confidence and shall exercise a reasonable degree of care to prevent disclosure to others.
B. An Employee / Contractor / Subcontractor / Freelancer / Individual will not disclose or divulge either directly or indirectly the Confidential Information to others unless first authorized to do so in writing by The Low-D Corporation.
C. An Employee / Contractor / Subcontractor / Freelancer / Individual will not reproduce the Confidential Information nor use this information commercially or for any purpose other than the performance of his/her duties for The Low-D Corporation.
D. An Employee / Contractor / Subcontractor / Freelancer / Individual will, upon the request or upon termination of his/her relationship with The Low-D Corporation, deliver to The Low-D Corporation any drawings, notes, documents, equipment, and materials received from The Low-D Corporation or originating from its activities for The Low-D Corporation.
E. The Low-D Corporation shall have the sole right to determine the treatment of any information that is part or project specific received from An Employee / Contractor / Subcontractor / Freelancer / Individual, including the right to keep the same as a trade secret, to use and disclose the same without prior patent applications, to file copyright registrations in its own name or to follow any other procedure as The Low-D Corporation may deem appropriate.
F. The Low-D Corporation reserves the right to take disciplinary action, up to and including termination for violations of this agreement.
“Immunity from Liability for Confidential Disclosure of a Trade Secret to the Government or in a Court Filing:
(1) Immunity — An individual shall not be held criminally or civilly liable under any federal or state trade secret law for the disclosure of a trade secret that — (A) is made — (i) in confidence to a federal, state or local government official, either directly or indirectly, or to an attorney; and (ii) solely for the purpose of reporting or investigating a suspected violation of law; or (B) is made in a complaint or other document filed in a lawsuit or other proceeding, if such filing is made under seal.
(2) Use of Trade Secret Information in Anti-Retaliation Lawsuit — An individual who files a lawsuit for retaliation by an employer for reporting a suspected violation of law may disclose the trade secret to the attorney of the individual and use the trade secret information in the court proceeding, if the individual — (A) files any document containing the trade secret under seal; and (B) does not disclose the trade secret,except pursuant to court order.”
An Employee / Contractor / Subcontractor / Freelancer / Individual represents and warrants that it is not under any preexisting obligations inconsistent with the provisions of this Agreement.
Definition of Terms Used in this Document
The word or term “project/s” refers to any task that a client has asked us to do for them. The words or terms “us” and “we” and “our” and “Low-D Corp” refer to the Production & Service department of The Low-D Corporation.
We charge by the hour so you only pay for what you need! We may also accept flat fee or piece work projects at our discretion.
All time spent working towards the completion of a client’s project will count as man hours spent on that client’s project.
All projects need to be fully funded. Some projects may require a deposit before man hours are provided. Some projects may be billed on completion at our discretion.
Hourly rate payments are refundable for unused hours only. Flat fee projects are not refundable after we start investing time into the project.
We may consider a project to be abandoned due to lack of funding, or lack of communication from a client, and after a reasonable amount of time. We may use abandoned projects to make up for missing funding or for profit.
We do not keep copies of a client’s project files indefinitely unless contracted to do so by the client.
All projects are confidential and will only be discussed by us with necessary personnel and the client.
These terms may be amended or updated at any time with or without notice as determined necessary by us.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on The Low-D Corporation’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The Low-D Corporation’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Low-D Corporation at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on The Low-D Corporation’s web site are provided “as is”. The Low-D Corporation makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, The Low-D Corporation does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall The Low-D Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Low-D Corporation’s Internet site, even if The Low-D Corporation or a The Low-D Corporation authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on The Low-D Corporation’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Low-D Corporation does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The Low-D Corporation may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The Low-D Corporation does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The Low-D Corporation has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Low-D Corporation of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to The Low-D Corporation’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.